TIGER LILIUM COLLECTION
Pack of 9
Our Tiger Lily Collection has 3 each of three varieties (separately labelled):
Red Velvet – Bears the deepest velvety black-red blooms and moroon to burgundy freckles. An excellent cut flower, this variety will often have up to 12 flowers on each stem.
Pearl Jennifer – A beautifully hardy variety with clear bright yellow flowers and chocolate coloured freckles.
Sweet Surrender – Deliciously creamy flowers with delicately reflexed petals and some dark spotting on the throat.
Tiger Lilies are easy to grow, provide stunning colour to your garden and have an abundance of blooms throughout Summer. Excellent cut flower. Due to the strong stems no staking is required. Prefer a sunny position in well drained soil. To keep flowering at its best add fertiliser each Spring and Summer.
Supplied as dormant bulbs.
Orders containing this item will be dispatched from mid May.
- Require little water once established
- Suitable for areas with full sun
- Suitable for areas with part shade
- Ideal in pots or containers
- Suitable to cut for vases
- Plant 45cm apart
- Grows to 1.2m high
Let me know when this item is back in stock!
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON!
Enter your email address below and we'll email you when it is back in stock.
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON! Available to order from mid-April to July, unless sold out.
Out of stock
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $9.90 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $9.90 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items”.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $14.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $22.00 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Weeping Roses, Magnolias and other Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Common Name: LILIUM
Also known as: Longiflorum – Christmas Lily, November Lily, Oriental -. Florist Lily
Botanical Name: Lilium spp
Family Name: Liliaceae
Plant Type: Fleshy Bulb
Size: 70 cm to 120cm
Planting Time: Winter to Spring
Planting Width: 20–40cm Depth: 10-20cm
Positioning: Full Sun to Part Shade
General Information: There are many varieties of lilies; LA Hybrids, Oriental, Asiatic, and Longflorum. All have long lasting flowers.
Soil: Well drained, friable and moist. If growing in pots use a potting mix specifically for bulbs.
Watering: Responds well to generous watering in summer.
Fertilising: Prepare the soil with well-rotted animal manure or a complete fertiliser before planting. Mulch well to keep soil cool and moist. Liquid fertilising once plants are setting buds is beneficial to keep lower foliage green. Top dress with fertiliser in late winter.
Pruning: It is best to remove old flower heads once flowers fade to promote bulb growth. Cut down to ground level once foliage has died off completely. Bulbs can be left in the ground to naturalise or lifted and separated. Replant without delay.
Dislikes: Being moved, wet feet.
Pests: Aphids but generally pest resistant.
✔ Ideal for pots, excellent cut flowers.
Tips: Plant immediately after purchase and do not allow the bulbs to dry out. Oriental lilies prefer a cooler, more sheltered position and may require staking and protection from hot winds. Double Tiger Lily lilium lancifolium requires
the same conditions as other liliums except this one grows to a height of 1.5 m and is a little less fussy about soil type. If growing in pots, make sure the pot is 200 mm minimum. Place no more than 3 bulbs per pot, and make sure the bulbs
are leaning slightly inwards to encourage plants to support each other. Grow outside in a sunny aspect and pots can be brought inside once flowering. After flowering, or when picking for cut flowers, cut the plant to about half way down the
stem to enable the plant to develop the bulb for next year’s flowers.