Christmas Delivery Schedule 2023:
Due to increased demands on Australia Post services during the busy Christmas period, any orders placed after midday Monday 11th December 2023 cannot be guaranteed delivery before Christmas. Orders placed after this date will be dispatched as quickly as possible.
If orders are required as Christmas presents, please make a note or call 1300 606 242 to advise us of this and we will notify you if there will be any delays with your order.
Pre-Christmas Cutoff Dates:
The following cutoff dates for pre Christmas delivery will apply:
WA/TAS/NT – All orders must be placed by midday Monday 27th November
ACT/NSW/SA/QLD– All orders containing plants must be placed by midday Monday 4th December.
VIC– All orders containing plants must be placed by midday Tuesday 5th December.
**Plant orders received after these dates cannot be guaranteed to be dispatched prior to Christmas.
Orders containing hard goods only must be placed by midday Wednesday 13th December for dispatch before Christmas.
Final 2023 Shipping Dates:
The final days of shipping for 2023 will be as follows:
• WA/TAS/NT – orders including plants will be dispatched Thursday 30th November.
• All other states – Our last dispatch date for hardgoods only will be Monday 18th December, but please be aware these items will not be guaranteed to arrive before Christmas. * Please Note: Our call centre will not be available to take calls after COB 19th of December.
• Orders received after these dates may not be dispatched until after the 9th January 2024.
Our Office will be closed from COB Tuesday 19th December and we re-open on Monday 8th January 2024.
Our Nursery Shop will be closed from COB Tuesday 19th December and will re-open on Monday 8th January 2024.
We wish all of our customers a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.
Standard Delivery Information:
Our team packs and dispatches each day based on the best timing of delivery service to your state. This way we can ensure your order is in transit for the shortest time possible.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $12.50 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered **. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Basic Postage $12.50: Applies to orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $12.50 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items“.
- Roses & Larger Potted Items $16.90: Applies to orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $16.90 freight charge.
- Small Trees & Large Pots $25.50: Applies to orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $25.50 freight charge.
- Large Items $35.00: Applies to orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Bagged Trees, Weeping Roses, Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Order Split Fee: Some items may be delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $5.00.
- **We continue to maintain the simplest form of postage costs for the large variety of products we range, however in occasional circumstances of oversized orders and/or delivery location, the cost of freight can significantly impact delivery of an order therefore we reserve the right to refuse the order or contact the customer to discuss freight options and pricing.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $5.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas, StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back-ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.