Christmas Delivery Schedules:
Here at Garden Express we are conscious of how quickly Xmas is arriving, and through our experience, we know that Australia Post gets extremely busy through this peak season and our plant orders can simply take longer or get lost in the volume. Additionally our schedule is currently full with a large number of orders that our staff are working tirelessly to get orders out before Xmas already.
We are now unable to offer pre Christmas delivery on all orders placed from Monday the 10th of December
Due to the nature of shipping live plants and the high demand on orders we will not be able to get all orders shipped prior to Christmas.
Please be assured all plants will be handled with care and looked after in our nursery over the Christmas / New Years period and orders placed after the cut off will begin to be shipped again from the 14th of January – Weather permitting.
We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Our Office will be closed from 4.30 pm AEST Friday 21st December and we will re-open on the Monday 7th January 2019.
Our Nursery Shop will be closed from 3.00 pm AEST Friday 21st December December and we will re-open on Monday 14th January 2019.
We wish all of our customers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Delivery Status Updates:
Although orders from the New Spring Catalogue have begun to be dispatched we are experiencing some delays on certain products.
Unfortunately due to the nature of dealing with a live product along with the surprises that Mother Nature throws at us, we can sometimes get these delays. Rather than deliver a substandard product we would prefer to hold onto your order for a short while so that they arrive to you in the best possible condition.
Please don’t hesitate to contact one of our friendly staff either via email at [email protected] or give us a call on 1300 606 242 if you want to discuss this further.
Please Click Here for a list of affected products.
Standard Delivery Information:
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $9.90 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $9.90 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items“.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $14.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $22.00 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Weeping Roses, Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may be delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas, StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.