Seed – Butterfly Friendly Flower Mix Shaker
There’s a flurry of activity around protecting bees and butterflies these days, and with our Butterfly Friendly Flower Mix Seed Shaker you will have just what you need to create a pollinator friendly flower garden!
The varieties in this mix have been selected to attract butterflies to your garden, and to provide them with the nectar they need to survive. By providing butterflies with flowers to feed on you help them whilst at the same time helping your garden flourish.
This Butterfly Friendly Flower Mix shaker contains 100g of Shake & Rake mix – enough to cover a 20m2 area. The seed mix contains specifically selected varieties of butterfly attracting flowers combined with vermiculite to aid germination.
Seed packet contains 5g of seed (100g total weight)
Flower Varieties included in this mix:
Larkspur (Delphinium elatum)
Lavender English (Lavandulaangustifolia)
Forget Me Not (Myosotis sylvatica)
Lobelia (Lobelia erinus)
Coneflower (Rudbeckia hirta)
Pincushion Flower (Scabiosaatropurpurea)
Mexican Giant Hyssop (Agastachemexicana)
Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata)
Native Violet (Viola hederacea)
How To Grow
1. Prepare the chosen area for your seeds by turning or raking the soil until you have a good crumbly consistency, removing any stones and weeds as you go.
2. Open the pouring spout on the side of the box and carefully shake out the seed mix thinly and evenly directly over the prepared area. You can sow
thickly or thinly, depending on what look you want to achieve.
3. Gently rake over the seed bed to lightly cover the seeds.
4. Water well until the plants are established.
– For a continuous show make several sowings at 2-3 week intervals.
– Some perennial varieties may not flower until the second year.
– Once the flowers start to appear, pollinating insects and butterflies will soon follow.
Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
(Please note: Image is a guide only)
At Garden Express, we want to ensure that you have a positive purchasing experience. On the off chance your plants get stuck in the mail or haven’t arrived in the best condition, we ask that you reach out to us promptly with any concerns or issues. You can contact us via email at [email protected] or by phone at 1300 606 242, Monday to Friday EST, contacting us through social media platforms may be less reliable, so we encourage you to use our email.
Please note that it’s important to get in touch with our customer service team within 7 days of receiving your order if you have any concerns as claims regarding arrival condition after 7 days of arrival will not be recognised.
Please also remember not to dispose of any items until you’ve spoken to us, as to be eligible for a replacement, credit, or refund, we may request photos or additional information for any item(s) in question.
If you need to make a return, please contact our Customer Service department via email at [email protected] or by phone at 1300 606 242 for authorisation before proceeding. Once again contacting us through social media platforms may be less reliable, so we encourage you to use our email or phone number for a smoother experience.
It is also important to mention that discounted ‘end-of-season’ stock is sold on an ‘as is’ basis and is exempt from this guarantee. While this stock is generally sound, we recommend planting these items as soon as possible.
Our team packs and dispatches each day based on the best timing of delivery service to your state. This way we can ensure your order is in transit for the shortest time possible.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $12.50 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Basic Postage $12.50: Applies to orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $12.50 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items“.
- Roses & Larger Potted Items $16.90: Applies to orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $16.90 freight charge.
- Small Trees & Large Pots $25.50: Applies to orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $25.50 freight charge.
- Large Items $35.00: Applies to orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Bagged Trees, Weeping Roses, Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Order Split Fee: Some items may be delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $5.00.
- We continue to maintain the simplest form of postage costs for the large variety of products we range, however in occasional circumstances of oversized orders and/or delivery location, the cost of freight can significantly impact delivery of an order therefore we reserve the right to refuse the order or contact the customer to discuss freight options and pricing.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $5.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas, StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back-ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.