PEONY ROSE MADAME JOS ODIER
Pack of 1
Paeonia lactiflora hybrid
Peony Rose Madame Jos Odier has double rose pink blooms with a strong fragrance; makes an excellent cut flower.
Peony roses are strong growing perennials that flower late spring to early summer. They make beautiful cut flowers and last well in a vase. Cold winters will result in the best blooms so best suited to cooler regions. Prefers a well drained position in full sunlight. Plants will die down over Winter and re-grow each year forming a leafy clump. Spread lime towards the end of flowering to improve root development and improve flowers for the following year.
Supplied as a bare rooted plant.
- Suitable for areas with full sun
- Suitable for areas with part shade
- Ideal in pots or containers
- Suitable to cut for vases
- Grows 40cm wide
- Grows to 70cm high
- Late Spring - Early Summer
Let me know when this item is back in stock!
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON!
Enter your email address below and we'll email you when it is back in stock.
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON! Available to order from mid-June to August, unless sold out.
Buy 2 or more and get them for $7.60 per item
Buy 5 or more and get them for $7.60 per item
*Price adjustments will be reflected in the cart.
Out of stock
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $9.90 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $9.90 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items”.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $14.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $22.00 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Weeping Roses, Magnolias and other Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Common Name: PEONY ROSE (HERBACEOUS)
Botanical Name: Paeonia lactiflora Hybrids
Family Name: Paeoniaceae
Plant Type: Herbaceous woody rootstock
Size: 70cm H x 40cm W
Planting Time: Winter and Early Spring
Flowering: Mid Spring to Early Summer
Planting Width: 30cm – 60cm Depth: 5cm. Eyes of rootstock must not be buried too deep.
Positioning: Semi Shade prefers morning sun and shade in the heat of the day. Needs sunlight for flowers but prefers a cool root area.
General Information: The Holy Grail of gardeners, the Peony must have a cold winter to succeed. In warmer climates this can be manipulated by watering with chilled water in the warmer months and tipping ice cubes around the root systems of plants while they are dormant. Having a lovely fragrance, these flowers will scent a room when used as a cut flower and will last well in a vase. Having a slow multiplication speed, Peonies can take 12 months to establish and flower after being transplanted.
Soil: Well drained, but will tend to flower better in a heavier type of soil. Add lots of organic matter for best results.
Watering: Keep well watered during the growing period.
Fertilising: Prepare the soil with blood and bone, or well-rotted compost (avoid fresh animal manure) prior to planting. Top dress with a 2 inch thick layer of pelletised chook manure and Dolomite Lime in Winter, and a good layer of blood and bone in Spring and Autumn.
Pruning: Remove spent blooms, remove old foliage in winter once plant is dormant.
Dislikes: Fresh animal manure. Hot climates.
Pests: Botrytis can be a problem in spring; this can be controlled with regular use of a commercial spray during spring.
Tips: Protect from heavy frosts once new growth starts. Make sure that plants are sheltered from strong winds. Buds can be picked to open in the vase. Small or no blooms can be expected in the first year. Paeonies thrive after a cold winter.