2 Litre Pot
Lemon Lisbon (Citrus x limon) is a vigorous growing variety that produces a high quality juicy fruit with thin skins and a true lemon flavour.
Planted extensively in commercial orchards, Lemon Lisbon produces a heavy crop with fruit ripening late Winter into Spring.
Prefers a full sun position in well drained soil; if growing in pots ensure a good quality potting mix is used. Water and fertilise regularly. Trees are thorny, particularly when young.
Supplied as a potted plant.
- Suitable for areas with full sun
- Suitable for areas with part shade
- Grows 3.6m wide
- Grows to 4m high
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON! Available to order from mid-August to November, unless sold out.
Buy 3 or more and get them for $22.00 per item
*Price adjustments will be reflected in the cart.
Not for the following states due to quarantine restrictions
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $9.90 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $9.90 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items”.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $14.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $22.00 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Weeping Roses, Magnolias and other Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Establish which coloured region you live in and then consider the varieties listed as typically suited to that area. The Australian Climate Guide map is intended as a guide only as climatic conditions vary between specific locations. Factors such as local altitude, wind and the proximity of hills, mountains and bodies of water can cause variations from the generalised climate map. Note also that although a plant may be listed as suitable for a particular region, it may still require protection from extremes such as frost or strong winds. You should also consider its requirements for sun, shade and water.
Remember that you can often extend the range of plants that you can grow by creating micro-climates within your garden. Planting under trees, beside brick walls or in the shelter of a building, on high or low points in the garden can all have an effect. Even planting by a pond or surrounded by rocks can be used to advantage. Part of the joy of gardening can be experimenting and nothing is more pleasing that achieving success with a plant that is not usually seen in your area.
The map is based on Australian Bureau of Meteorology 30 year climatology data from 1961-1990. The zones are based on both temperature and humidity:
- Tropical – hot humid summer .
- Mild Tropical – warm humid summer
- Semi-arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Temperate – warm summer, cool winter
- Cool – mild-warm summer, cool winter
CITRUS TREES GENERAL CARE
Positioning: Full Sun but sheltered from cold winds.
Planting: Dig a hole twice the size of the pot. Ensure the bud union on the tree is about 15cm above the soil level before backfilling.
General Information: Very hardy and do not require a lot of attention throughout the year.
Soil: Well drained; Citrus dislike a heavy or clay soil.
Watering: Trees need to be kept well watered particularly when young fruit is forming. A deep watering once or twice a week in the summer months is beneficial.
Fertilising: Prepare the soil with plenty of animal manure before planting. Just after planting spread a small amount of slow release fertiliser around the tree and cover with mulch. It is good to alternate fertilisers i.e. dynamic lifter in spring and complete citrus food in autumn. If the citrus trees are potted use a slow release fertiliser.
Pruning: It is not necessary to prune citrus trees in order to produce fruit; however, the tree can be pruned to control or shape the growth. If growth becomes over crowded, thin out the stems after fruiting.
Likes: Warm Climates.
Dislikes: Severe Frosts
Pests: Can suffer from a number of pests, these can be controlled with fungicides or insecticides as required.
Tips: Protect from the wind and frost when young. Also keep the area underneath the tree free of grass and weeds. Cover this area with mulch, making sure that it is kept away from the trunk to avoid collar rot.
ORDER BY PHONE
CALL 1300 606 242
Open 8:30am – 4pm Monday to Friday
Open 10am – 2pm Saturday, excluding public holiday weekends
Visit our store in Monbulk, Victoria