Seed- Bee Friendly Flower Mix Shaker
There’s a hive of activity around protecting bees and butterflies these days and with our Bee Friendly Flower Mix Seed Shaker you will have just what you need to create a pollinator friendly flower garden!
The varieties in this mix have been selected to attract bees to your garden, and to provide them with the pollen and nectar they need to feed their offspring. By providing bees with flowers to feed on you help them whilst at the same time helping your garden flourish.
This Bee Friendly Flower Mix shaker contains 100g of Shake & Rake mix – enough to cover a 20m2 area. The seed mix contains specifically selected varieties of bee attracting flowers combined with vermiculite to aid germination.
Flower Varieties included in this mix:
Calendula (Calendula officinalis)
Cornflower (Centaurea cyanus)
Californian Poppy (Eschscholzia californica)
Fineflower (Gilia leptantha)
Toadflax (Linaria maroccana)
Alyssum (Lobularia maritima)
Wallflower (Erysimum cheiri)
Nemophila (Nemophila menziesii)
Poppy (Papaver rhoeas)
Marigold African (Tagetes erecta)
Chinese Forget-Me-Not (Cynoglossum amabile)
Borage (Borago officinalis)
Evening Primrose (Oenothera pallida)
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
Native Violet (Viola hederacea)
Swan River Daisy (Brachycome iberidifolia)
Sage (Salvia officinalis)
How To Grow
1. Prepare the chosen area for your seeds by turning or raking the soil until you have a good crumbly consistency, removing any stones and weeds as you go.
2. Open the pouring spout on the side of the box and carefully shake out the seed mix thinly and evenly directly over the prepared area. You can sow
thickly or thinly, depending on what look you want to achieve.
3. Gently rake over the seed bed to lightly cover the seeds.
4. Water well until the plants are established.
– For a continuous show make several sowings at 2-3 week intervals.
– Some perennial varieties may not flower until the second year.
– Once the flowers start to appear, pollinating insects and bees will soon follow, and your garden will be a hive of activity!
Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
(Please note: Image is a guide only)
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $9.90 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $9.90 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items”.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $14.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $22.00 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Weeping Roses, Magnolias and other Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.