Microgreens Flavours Of Eastern Europe
Microgreens – often called ‘Vegetable Confetti’ – are an exciting, colourful, gourmet alternative to sprouting and very popular amongst gourmet chefs. They are halfway in size between sprouts and baby greens, harvested usually within 2 weeks of sowing. They are commonly grown in seedling trays and differ from sprouts in that they are grown in sunlight and harvested with scissors when there are two or more true leaves.
Microgreens include many of the same leafy greens as those used for salad mixes but are cut at a smaller stage; but also more unique varieties that are chosen for their colour, flavour and texture. They are eaten as thin, delicate plants – as miniature variations on salad greens and herbs. They provide texture and colour when used as garnish, or exciting flavours when used as part of salad mixes. While sprouts are well known for their health benefits they are not as famous for their flavour – Microgreens are both healthy and a taste sensation.
Flavours of Eastern Europe contains Kale Pink, Cabbage Red and Pea Morgan
We hope you enjoy these salad green seeds, just another great example of vegetable seeds from Mr Fothergill’s!
How To Grow
There are a couple of growing methods.
Growing in a Mr Fothergill’s Microgreens Tray:
1. Fill the clear plastic container with water and place black growing tray on top.
2. Place a thin sheet of tissue paper on the growing tray, sprinkling your seeds onto the paper.
3. Place in a light and warm position but keep away from direct sunlight.
4. Spray the seeds 2-3 times a day with a fi ne mist of water until roots develop. Cover with foil to keep moist.
5. Once roots reach the water in the bottom container, spraying and foil are no longer required. Keep the water topped up and refreshed. You can also add liquid fertiliser to promote strong and healthy growth.
6. Harvest the seedlings in 7-14 days by cutting just above the seed.
Growing in soil:
1. Fill a seedling tray or plant pots with quality soil mix and firm down gently.
2. Sow the seeds thinly and cover with a fine layer of soil.
3. Keep the soil moist but not too wet. Add liquid fertiliser for strong and healthy growth.
4. Harvest the seedlings in 7-14 days by cutting at the bottom of the stem.
When To Plant
All year round
All year round as required
To assist with germination; you can place a sheet of foil or plastic wrap over the sown seeds. This will create a mini greenhouse which assist with moisture retention.
Not for the following state due to quarantine restrictions
At Garden Express, we want to ensure that you have a positive purchasing experience. On the off chance your plants get stuck in the mail or haven’t arrived in the best condition, we ask that you reach out to us promptly with any concerns or issues. You can contact us via email at [email protected] or by phone at 1300 606 242, Monday to Friday EST, contacting us through social media platforms may be less reliable, so we encourage you to use our email.
Please note that it’s important to get in touch with our customer service team within 7 days of receiving your order if you have any concerns as claims regarding arrival condition after 7 days of arrival will not be recognised.
Please also remember not to dispose of any items until you’ve spoken to us, as to be eligible for a replacement, credit, or refund, we may request photos or additional information for any item(s) in question.
If you need to make a return, please contact our Customer Service department via email at [email protected] or by phone at 1300 606 242 for authorisation before proceeding. Once again contacting us through social media platforms may be less reliable, so we encourage you to use our email or phone number for a smoother experience.
It is also important to mention that discounted ‘end-of-season’ stock is sold on an ‘as is’ basis and is exempt from this guarantee. While this stock is generally sound, we recommend planting these items as soon as possible.
Our team packs and dispatches each day based on the best timing of delivery service to your state. This way we can ensure your order is in transit for the shortest time possible.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $12.50 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Basic Postage $12.50: Applies to orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $12.50 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items“.
- Roses & Larger Potted Items $16.90: Applies to orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $16.90 freight charge.
- Small Trees & Large Pots $25.50: Applies to orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $25.50 freight charge.
- Large Items $35.00: Applies to orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Bagged Trees, Weeping Roses, Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Order Split Fee: Some items may be delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $5.00.
- We continue to maintain the simplest form of postage costs for the large variety of products we range, however in occasional circumstances of oversized orders and/or delivery location, the cost of freight can significantly impact delivery of an order therefore we reserve the right to refuse the order or contact the customer to discuss freight options and pricing.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $5.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas, StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back-ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.