Pack of 1
Delphinium Galahad (Delphinium x hybrid) features beautiful white flowers with white centres above a clump of delicate green foliage. Part of the Pacific Giants group of Delphiniums, Galahad is a tall flowering Delphinium that produces elegant stems with large flowers.
Also known as Candle Larkspur, Delphiniums are a clump forming perennial with fleshy crowns and showy tall flower spikes. They are a typical cottage garden perennial, starring in the late Spring/ early Summer. Ideal for cottage gardens or where space is limited, the tall flowers are ideal for creating presence towards the back of garden beds. Delphinium prefers a full sun position in well drained soil and grows best with some shelter from wind.
Supplied as a bare rooted plant.
- Suitable for areas with full sun
- Suitable for areas with part shade
- Suitable to cut for vases
- Grows 75cm wide
- Grows to 1.5m high
- Ideal Growing Regions:
- Mild Tropical
- View growing regions on the Climate Map
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON! Available to order from mid-June to August, unless sold out.
Buy 2 or more and get them for $7.40 per item
Buy 5 or more and get them for $6.90 per item
*Price adjustments will be reflected in the cart.
Out of stock
Send me an email when this item is back in stock.
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $11.50 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $11.50 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items“.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $16.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $25.50 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Bagged Trees, Weeping Roses, Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may be delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
- We continue to maintain the simplest form of postage costs for the large variety of products we range, however in occasional circumstances of oversized orders and/or delivery location, the cost of freight can significantly impact delivery of an order therefore we reserve the right to refuse the order or contact the customer to discuss freight options and pricing.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas, StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back-ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Common Name: DELPHINIUM
Botanical Name: Delphinium hyb, D. grandiflorum
Family Name: Ranunculaceae
Plant Type: Herbaceous Perennial
Size Tall: 1.8m H x 30cm W Size Dwarf: 30cm H x 30cm W
Planting Width: 30–50cm Depth: A hole large enough to accommodate the root mass should be dug. The crown of the plant (where the leaves and roots meet) should be planted at the soil surface. Cover the roots with soil and water the plant well. If planted too deep it can cause rotting and death to the plants. Ideally, plants can be placed into mounded beds, and this will assist with any drainage problems.
Positioning: Full Sun, Wind Protection Flowering: Summer
Soil: Most plants appreciate well prepared, free draining soil. Prepare soils beforehand by working through well rotted animal manure and organic matter. An application of blood and bone whilst preparing the soil is usually beneficial.
General Information: Tall, stately spikes in blending hues of blue, pink, white and purple. These are relatively slow to spread. Tall varieties may require some staking and will require summer watering when conditions are dry. Protect from late frost. Many perennial plants are supplied as bare rooted crowns. The root section may resemble a ballerinas’ skirt, or hairy leggy bits, and the crown or growing tip often resembles a mass of dead leaves or stems.
Upon receipt of your order: It is recommended that these are planted as soon after receipt as possible. If you cannot, store in a cool, well ventilated area in the original packaging. This is only suitable for a few days as the plants may die if allowed to dry out or stay too wet.
Establish which coloured region you live in and then consider the varieties listed as typically suited to that area. The Australian Climate Guide map is intended as a guide only as climatic conditions vary between specific locations. Factors such as local altitude, wind and the proximity of hills, mountains and bodies of water can cause variations from the generalised climate map. Note also that although a plant may be listed as suitable for a particular region, it may still require protection from extremes such as frost or strong winds. You should also consider its requirements for sun, shade and water.
Remember that you can often extend the range of plants that you can grow by creating micro-climates within your garden. Planting under trees, beside brick walls or in the shelter of a building, on high or low points in the garden can all have an effect. Even planting by a pond or surrounded by rocks can be used to advantage. Part of the joy of gardening can be experimenting and nothing is more pleasing that achieving success with a plant that is not usually seen in your area.
The map is based on Australian Bureau of Meteorology 30 year climatology data from 1961-1990. The zones are based on both temperature and humidity:
- Tropical – hot humid summer .
- Mild Tropical – warm humid summer
- Semi-arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Temperate – warm summer, cool winter
- Cool – mild-warm summer, cool winter