DAHLIA PURE BLISS
Pack of 1
Dahlia Pure Bliss has lavender pink blooms with a glowing lemon centre.
These brightly coloured favourites are a must in every sunny garden. Cacti Dahlias have striking blooms with pointy petals. The quilled or spiked petals of the Cacti dahlias makes them less likely to be weighed down by heavy rain due to their star shaped form so this variety usually requires less staking. Prefers a full sun to part shade position, and are also ideal for pots and containers. Great cut flowers. They flower for months from summer into autumn.
Supplied as a dormant tuber.
- Suitable for areas with full sun
- Suitable for areas with part shade
- Ideal in pots or containers
- Suitable to cut for vases
- Plant 60cm apart
- Grows to 1.2-1.5m high
Let me know when this item is back in stock!
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON!
Enter your email address below and we'll email you when it is back in stock.
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON! Available to order from mid-August to November, unless sold out.
Buy 2 or more and get them for $5.30 per item
Buy 5 or more and get them for $5.30 per item
*Price adjustments will be reflected in the cart.
Out of stock
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $9.90 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $9.90 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items”.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $14.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $22.00 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Weeping Roses, Magnolias and other Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Common Name: DAHLIA
Botanical Name: Dahlia hybrids
Family Name: Asteraceae
Plant Type: Tuberous Bulb
Size: 75–150cm H
Planting Time: Spring to Early Summer
Flowering: Summer to Autumn
Planting Width: 60cm, Depth: 10cm
Positioning: Full Sun to Light Shade
General Information: Dahlias need to be protected from strong winds or staked in windy positions.
Soil: Rich, well drained with plenty of organic matter.
Watering: Regular watering during growth period however do not over water until the shoots appear.
Fertilising: Well-rotted animal manure should be worked through the soil prior to planting. Top dress with a complete fertiliser during the growing period. Too much Nitrogen can produce excessive leaf growth at the expense of the flowers.
Pruning: Can be left undisturbed for many years, however lifting and separating is best every second year in winter. Make sure tubers have some of the old stem attached as this is where the new growth will come from. Removing old flowers will promote further flowering.
Dislikes: Frost, under or over watering.
Pests: Snails and slugs, red spider, grubs or aphids. Treat as required. Powdery mildew can be a problem late in the season or if plants are too close together in humid conditions.
✔ Ideal for cut flowers.
Tips: Staking may be required to stop plants from falling over. Picking the flowers will encourage a longer flowering period. When planting ensure ‘eyes’ of the tubers face upwards.
Types Available: Miniature or Bambino, Collarette, Decorative, Cacti, Water Lily, Giant or Dinnerplate, Tree.