Lavinnova Lavender Fairy Wings Collection (PBR)
Pack of 3
Bred to be more compact than other Lavenders, the Lavinnova series of Fairy Wings Lavenders are fragrant and free flowering, allowing you to create magic wherever they are planted. Our Lavinnova Lavender Fairy Wings Collection (Lavandula pedunculata) consists of one each of these three exquisite varieties (separately labelled):
Fairy Wings Whimsical Add magic and whimsy wherever it is planted. With beautifully fragrant blush pink flowers held above the scented green foliage for many months of the year, Fairy Wings Whimsical is perfect as a massed planting or pot specimen.
Fairy Wings Spellbound Create strong magic wherever it is planted. Compact, free flowering and delightfully fragrant, Spellbound features long ribbon-like bracts of rich ruffled purple held above the scented green foliage for many months of the year. Anywhere this stunning variety is planted will delight.
Fairy Wings Radiance– Creates a bold and striking statement wherever it is planted. The radiant pink flowers of this variety create beautiful magic with masses of fragrant bold pink flowers held above scented bright green foliage. With a compact growth habit and a long flowering period, Radiance is perfect for pots, massed plantings or fragrantly filling gaps in your garden bed.
Ideal for pots, pathways and entertainment areas, these delightful Lavenders feature striking fragrant blooms and scented foliage. Combine this with their extra long flowering period and beautiful long flower bracts, these low hedging type of Lavenders suit a multitude of garden situations.
Unlike many other Lavenders, the Fairy Wings series has been bred in Australia for Australian conditions and show extremely good performance in most parts of Australia. They are easy to care for, dry tolerant, and show excellent cold tolerance. For best results select a full sun to lightly shaded position in a well drained soil. Lightly prune and fertilise after the main flowering flush to encourage a neat compact growth habit and repeat flushes of flowers. If growing in a pot select a well drained pot and use a premium potting mix. Fertilise every 3-4 months with a complete fertilizer and water regularly. Whilst Lavenders are dry tolerant, best results come from regular watering and care.
Bring colour and magic to your garden with the beautiful Fairy Wings Collection of Lavender (Lavandula pedunculata). Bred for Australian conditions, this compact selection of Lavender brings delightful colour and fragrance for many months of the year.
Supplied as 3, 140mm pots
- Require little water once established
- Suitable for areas with full sun
- Suitable for areas with part shade
- Ideal in pots or containers
- Suitable to cut for vases
- Grows 70cm wide
- Grows to 70cm high
- Ideal Growing Regions:
- View growing regions on the Climate Map
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON! Available to order, unless sold out.
Out of stock
Send me an email when this item is back in stock.
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $11.50 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $11.50 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items“.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $16.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $25.50 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Bagged Trees, Weeping Roses, Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may be delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
- We continue to maintain the simplest form of postage costs for the large variety of products we range, however in occasional circumstances of oversized orders and/or delivery location, the cost of freight can significantly impact delivery of an order therefore we reserve the right to refuse the order or contact the customer to discuss freight options and pricing.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas, StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back-ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Common Name: LAVENDER
Botanical Name: Lavendula spp
Family Name: Lamiaceae
Plant Type: Evergreen Shrub
Planting Time: Autumn or Spring
Flowering: Late Spring to Summer
Planting Width: 30–40cm
Positioning: Full Sun
General Information: Lavender is a very pretty and fragrant plant which has many uses such as in flower decoration, cooking, dried flowers and potpourri or lavender bags. As a rule, none of the Lavender family will grow well in humid conditions, however French Lavender (L dentata) has been reported to tolerate humidity better than any of the other lavender spp.
Soil: Well drained.
Watering: Only water during dry periods, do not over water. A very hardy and drought tolerant plant once established.
Fertilising: Use a slow release fertiliser once established, and top-dress with a complete fertiliser in late autumn.
Pruning: It is important to keep bushes pruned after every flush of flowers in order to keep the plant in a manageable and tidy shape and size. Trim the flower stems off then trim the remaining foliage to shape. Do not cut back to the old wood, this can damage the plant and affect flowering performance next season. Can look straggly if left unpruned.
Dislikes: Wet feet, humidity and frost.
✔ Ideal for cut flowers, floral arrangements, aromatherapy, or a border or in pots.
Tips: Picking the blooms will help keep the bush compact.
Establish which coloured region you live in and then consider the varieties listed as typically suited to that area. The Australian Climate Guide map is intended as a guide only as climatic conditions vary between specific locations. Factors such as local altitude, wind and the proximity of hills, mountains and bodies of water can cause variations from the generalised climate map. Note also that although a plant may be listed as suitable for a particular region, it may still require protection from extremes such as frost or strong winds. You should also consider its requirements for sun, shade and water.
Remember that you can often extend the range of plants that you can grow by creating micro-climates within your garden. Planting under trees, beside brick walls or in the shelter of a building, on high or low points in the garden can all have an effect. Even planting by a pond or surrounded by rocks can be used to advantage. Part of the joy of gardening can be experimenting and nothing is more pleasing that achieving success with a plant that is not usually seen in your area.
The map is based on Australian Bureau of Meteorology 30 year climatology data from 1961-1990. The zones are based on both temperature and humidity:
- Tropical – hot humid summer .
- Mild Tropical – warm humid summer
- Semi-arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Temperate – warm summer, cool winter
- Cool – mild-warm summer, cool winter