Production/Warehouse All-Rounder – Learn from The Ground Up
We are searching for an enthusiastic production/warehouse ‘all-rounder’.
This is an entry-level position that offers an opportunity to learn from the ground up with full training provided for the right person due to the unique nature of the job and the products we handle.
The position entails repetitive process work in various jobs/tasks and is ideally suited for a person who likes to be ‘hands-on’.
Van Berkel Distributors has been family owned since the 1950’s and is a leader in the horticultural and distribution business.
Our main production warehouse & nursery are located in Monbulk, Victoria along with a flower bulb farm in Healesville, Victoria.
We are a large and exciting business with great product diversity and are now seeking to expand our busy Production/Warehouse team.
We value hard-working, reliable and motivated individuals that are keen to join our team.
Duties & Responsibilities learnt over time will include, but are not limited to:
- Operating a form fill and seal packing machine with stitch head (counting machine attached). Check, inspect and control equipment and ensure a clean, tidy & organized workspace.
- Following Safe Operating Procedures at all times and ensuring all procedures are followed correctly and accurately, taking initiative when necessary.
- Ensuring that the production line has a regular supply of materials by being responsible for achieving production targets and ensuring on-time delivery.
- Assisting with picking and packing of products and ensuring correct labelling of manufactured goods for distribution where required.
- Carrying out quality checks throughout the processes of the production line.
- General warehousing duties – store goods, equipment and materials properly and safely.
- Willingness to aid in other areas of the warehouse when required (picking/packing/loading and unloading deliveries)
- Basic machine repairs and maintenance
Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Demonstrate flexibility, reliability and punctuality through past employment.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and show honesty and integrity.
- Have an aptitude to keep attentive for cyclical tasks and a safe clean work area.
- Have the ability to show initiative and immediately find problems with any materials or processes and act quickly when there is an issue in the process line.
- Have excellent teamwork skills and the ability to work alone without direct supervision.
- Be able to communicate, understand and follow instructions and read, interpret and implement written policies and procedures.
- Basic mechanical skills
- Forklift license
If you are looking for an entry-level position in production/warehouse and are passionate about learning new skills, this is the perfect opportunity for you!