Agricultural Chemical Sprayer/Nursery Hand
We are looking for an ‘all-rounder’ nursery hand person, to assist with spraying and general maintenance of our Monbulk (Victoria) Nursery. The successful applicant will be prepared to be trained in Agricultural Chemical Spraying or will already have an ‘Agricultural Chemical Users Permit’ and tractor and motorbike experience is an advantage.
Take this exciting opportunity to work next to the current nursery manager and learn from the best!
NOTE: We are looking to train the successful applicant, so we are looking for a long term employee, position is not suitable for a short term employee.
About the company
Van Berkel distributors has been family owned since the 1950’s and is a leader in the horticultural and distributing business. Our warehouse and nursery is located in Monbulk, Victoria along with a flower bulb farm in Healesville, Victoria. We are a large and exciting business with great product diversity.
We are looking to develop our team. We value hard working, reliable and driven individuals that will join our family owned business.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- General nursery duties i.e spraying, watering, moving stock, potting, weeding, propagating
- Communicating with the team re plants ready for sale, issues with plants or product failures
- Preparing products for dispatch
- Assist in other areas of the company
- Production line work
- Picking and packing
- Safe handling of products and equipment
- Manual handling and lifting
- Maintain OHS requirements and ensure safe working practices
- Quality assurance of product
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Must have previous nursery experience
- Must have Tractor and motorbike experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Safe manual handling, MUST BE FIT AND ACTIVE
- Willingness to assist in other areas of the company
- Willingness to be trained in Agricultural Chemical Spraying
- Willingness to be trained on motorbike and tractor
- Have an Agricultural Chemical Users Permit (if not training is offered)
- Solid working knowledge of pests and diseases and plant nutrition
- Ability to understand watering requirements
* Public transport is not easily accessible in Monbulk therefore you must have your own transport.
* The current role is for 5 days per week on a casual contract, but will be considered for a full time position for the right fit!