Calla Lily Collection
Pack of 4
Our Calla Lily Collection (Zantedeschia hybrids) has 1 of each four varieties (seperately labelled):
Alice Springs – A showoff with a multitude of gorgeous clear yellow flowers.
Crystal Blush – Elegant white flowers that will take on a soft pink blush with age.
Peter’s Pride – A new introduction, these gorgeous bright pink blooms are a real standout against the mottled green foliage.
Callafornia Red – A stunning variety that is compact and prolific variety that produces loads of deep pink to red flowers. Like all Callas, Callafornia Red lasts extremely well as a cut flower.
These spectacular blooms are very long lasting making them excellent cut flowers. Also known as Zantedeschia, our beautiful bulbs should produce between 3 and 7 flowers in their first year. Becoming stronger and more vigorous once settled in plants will provide pups in a year or two. Best planted August – September in cool climates, once the risk of frost is over.
Supplied as a dormant bulb.
- Suitable for areas with full sun
- Ideal in pots or containers
- Suitable to cut for vases
- Plant 20cm apart
- Grows to 30-75cm high
- Ideal Growing Regions:
- Mild Tropical
- View growing regions on the Climate Map
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON! Available to order from mid-April to July, unless sold out.
Out of stock
Send me an email when this item is back in stock.
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $11.50 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $11.50 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items“.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $16.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $25.50 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Bagged Trees, Weeping Roses, Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may be delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
- We continue to maintain the simplest form of postage costs for the large variety of products we range, however in occasional circumstances of oversized orders and/or delivery location, the cost of freight can significantly impact delivery of an order therefore we reserve the right to refuse the order or contact the customer to discuss freight options and pricing.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas, StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back-ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Common Name: CALLA LILY Also known as Zantedeschia
Botanical Name: Zanteschia hybrids Family Name: Araceae
Plant Type: Tuberous Perennial
Size: 30–70cm H x 15–20cm W
Planting Time: Late Winter to Spring
Positioning: Full Sun, Prefers Morning
Flowering: Late Spring (Warm Climates), Summer (Cool Climates)
Planting Width: 20cm Depth: 10cm
General Information: Callas have wide range of climate tolerance, except extreme heat and cold. An attractive foliaged plant, they need 6 hrs of sun to flower-more shade results in more foliage but will decrease flowering.
Soil: A rich, moist soil, with plenty of organic matter added is required. Soil needs to be well drained as bulb will rot if kept too wet.
Watering: During summer they need to be kept moist; dryness will trigger dormancy.
Fertilising: Well-rotted animal manure, blood and bone or a complete fertiliser for flowering plants can be worked into the soil before planting. An annual application of fertiliser is necessary if plants are grown in pots. Nitrogen rich and fresh animal manure is not recommended.
Pruning: Bulbs can be left in the ground for several years. Plants will die down in winter and can be lifted and clumps divided if required. Likes deep watering, being left undisturbed, morning sun and hot afternoon shade. Dislikes
severe frost and waterlogged ground.
✔ Ideal for patio pots, long-lasting cut flowers and is an excellent garden plant.
Tips: In cool climates do not plant until August. Often will not flower the first season after planting. Plant rough side up. If planting in pots: 1 bulb for 15cm pot. 3 bulbs for 30cm pot.
Establish which coloured region you live in and then consider the varieties listed as typically suited to that area. The Australian Climate Guide map is intended as a guide only as climatic conditions vary between specific locations. Factors such as local altitude, wind and the proximity of hills, mountains and bodies of water can cause variations from the generalised climate map. Note also that although a plant may be listed as suitable for a particular region, it may still require protection from extremes such as frost or strong winds. You should also consider its requirements for sun, shade and water.
Remember that you can often extend the range of plants that you can grow by creating micro-climates within your garden. Planting under trees, beside brick walls or in the shelter of a building, on high or low points in the garden can all have an effect. Even planting by a pond or surrounded by rocks can be used to advantage. Part of the joy of gardening can be experimenting and nothing is more pleasing that achieving success with a plant that is not usually seen in your area.
The map is based on Australian Bureau of Meteorology 30 year climatology data from 1961-1990. The zones are based on both temperature and humidity:
- Tropical – hot humid summer .
- Mild Tropical – warm humid summer
- Semi-arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Temperate – warm summer, cool winter
- Cool – mild-warm summer, cool winter