Wollemi Pine Gift Pack 150mm Pot Plus Bonus Book
Just in time for Mother’s Day, and as seen on Garden Gurus, enjoy this special Wollemi Pine Gift Pack- posted out to you for your enjoyment.
A total value of $123.95 for only $99.00 – Limited Stock Strictly While Stocks Last.
150mm Wollemi Pine plus bonus book- ‘The Wollemi Pine’ by James Woodford. Acquire your piece of prehistory now.
Wollemi Pine – 150mm pot (Wollemia nobilis) The Wollemi Pine is one of the world’s oldest and rarest plants dating back to the time of the dinosaurs. With less than 100 adult trees known to exist in the wild, the Wollemi Pine is now the focus of extensive research to safeguard its survival. Assist in the conservation effort by growing your own Wollemi Pine and becoming part of one of the most dramatic comebacks in natural history. It has dark green mature foliage and bubbly bark. Quite often they are multi trunked and can grow up to 10-15m however they can be kept as a stunning feature plant in a good size pot.
Each Wollemi Pine will come with its own detailed care instructions and will arrive in a specially designed cardboard box to ensure its safe delivery. Here is a great opportunity to have this iconic Jurassic plant in your garden or on you patio thanks to improved propagation techniques that have secured good future stocks of this world famous tree.
Wollemi Pines grow to their surroundings, and will be content for up to 15 years in a large pot, making this a great gift for someone special. Perfect as a potted genuine Australian Christmas Tree! Supplied as a potted plant
The Wollemi Pine book by James Woodford is the story of the incredible discovery of a living fossil from the age of dinosaurs, and all set in our own backyard, a remote area just 200 km outside of Sydney.
Reviewed by Australian Geographic as a ‘fascinating mix of detective story, scientific mystery and human drama’, this enthralling and riveting book details the botanical find of the century.
Please note: Due to delivery times we are unable to guarantee delivery before Mothers day, we will dispatch your Wollemi Pine ASAP. As it will not arrive in time for Mothers Day (if purchasing as a gift), on purchasing your Wollemi you will receive a link to download a ‘Wollemi Pine’ Mothers Day card. This will explain that there will be a wonderful Wollemi Pine on it’s way and you can either print and give to your gift recipient or email to them if you’re unable to visit Mothers Day.
- Frost tolerant once established
- Suitable for areas with part shade
- Suitable for areas with full shade
- Ideal in pots or containers
- Grows 2.5m wide
- Grows to 10 - 15m high
- Ideal Growing Regions:
- Mild Tropical
- View growing regions on the Climate Map
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON! Available to order all year, unless sold out.
Out of stock
Send me an email when this item is back in stock.
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $11.50 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $11.50 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items“.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $16.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $25.50 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Bagged Trees, Weeping Roses, Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may be delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
- We continue to maintain the simplest form of postage costs for the large variety of products we range, however in occasional circumstances of oversized orders and/or delivery location, the cost of freight can significantly impact delivery of an order therefore we reserve the right to refuse the order or contact the customer to discuss freight options and pricing.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas, StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back-ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Establish which coloured region you live in and then consider the varieties listed as typically suited to that area. The Australian Climate Guide map is intended as a guide only as climatic conditions vary between specific locations. Factors such as local altitude, wind and the proximity of hills, mountains and bodies of water can cause variations from the generalised climate map. Note also that although a plant may be listed as suitable for a particular region, it may still require protection from extremes such as frost or strong winds. You should also consider its requirements for sun, shade and water.
Remember that you can often extend the range of plants that you can grow by creating micro-climates within your garden. Planting under trees, beside brick walls or in the shelter of a building, on high or low points in the garden can all have an effect. Even planting by a pond or surrounded by rocks can be used to advantage. Part of the joy of gardening can be experimenting and nothing is more pleasing that achieving success with a plant that is not usually seen in your area.
The map is based on Australian Bureau of Meteorology 30 year climatology data from 1961-1990. The zones are based on both temperature and humidity:
- Tropical – hot humid summer .
- Mild Tropical – warm humid summer
- Semi-arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Temperate – warm summer, cool winter
- Cool – mild-warm summer, cool winter