ALSTROEMERIA TALL MIXED
Alstromeria x ligtu
Spreading rhizomes produce multiple long stems that are topped with clusters of flowers, picking encourages more flowers. Prefers a full sun to part shade postition it is suitable for large pots or containers. Drought and frost hardy.
Supplied as bare rooted plants
Orders containing this item will be dispatched from early September 2015.
- Frost tolerant once established
- Require little water once established
- Suitable for areas with full sun
- Suitable for areas with part shade
- Ideal in pots or containers
- Suitable to cut for vases
- Grows 30cm wide
- Grows to 1.5m high
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON! Available to order from mid-August to November, unless sold out.
Buy 3 or more and get them for $7.90 per item
Buy 6 or more and get them for $7.30 per item
*Price adjustments will be reflected in the cart.
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Our regular Delivery Charge is $9.50 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered.
Free freight for orders of basic items over $120.00
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $9.50 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items”, orders with only basic items totalling A$120.00 or more will receive free delivery. The free freight offer does not apply if non basic items are included with an order.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Common Name: ALSTROEMERIA Also known as Princess Lily
Botanical Name: Alstroemeria Hybrids
Family Name: Alstroemeriaceae
Plant Type: Tuberous Perennial
Size: 30cm H to 1m H
Flowering: Spring through Summer
Positioning: Full Sun to Part Shade
Planting: Take care not to bury shoots too deep.
General Information: A clumping perennial that produces many flowers during the warmer months. Highly regarded as a beautiful cut flower.
Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
Watering: Keep soil slightly moist while growing, do not allow plants to get too dry or too wet whilst dormant.
Fertilising: Top dress during warmer months. Liquid feed fortnightly once flower buds appear.
Pruning: ‘Pluck’ flower stems out of the ground to pick. Tidy up old foliage & cut back in winter to 50mm from the base.
Pests: Slugs & snails can be a problem.
Tips: Rhizomes are very fragile when they are dormant. Keep bare rooted plants damp and replant as soon as possible. Refrigerate is best for storing dormant plants.