Delivery Status Updates:
As of December 19th 2016: Despatching to all states except for WA, Tasmania and Northern Territory (due to quarantine processes). Last despatch for 2016 will be at 3:00PM 20th December 2016.
Despatches recommencing from 9th January 2017.
Standard Delivery Information:
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $9.50 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $9.50 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items”.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $13.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $20.00 freight charge.
- Orders containing Weeping Roses, Garden Beds, Greenhouses or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $30.00 freight charge.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description. Individual items may be back ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Christmas Delivery Schedules:
Due to increased demands on Australia Post services during the busy Christmas period the following cutoff dates for pre-Christmas delivery will apply:
Orders containing hard goods only must be placed by midday 15th December 2016
ACT/NSW/SA/QLD/VIC – plant orders must be placed by midday 15th December 2016
WA/TAS/NT orders – plant orders must be placed by midday 13th December 2016
The final days of shipping for 2016 will be as follows (not for pre-Christmas arrival):
- WA/TAS/NT orders including plants – orders must be placed by midday 13th December 2016.
- Victoria– Last orders including plants must be placed by Tuesday 20th December 2016.
- Remaining States – Last orders including plants must be placed by Monday 19th December 2016.
- Final NON-plant orders must be placed by Wednesday 21st December 2016.
- Orders received after these dates may not be dispatched until after the 5th January 2017.
If orders are required as Christmas presents, please make a note advising us of this and we will notify you if there will be any delays or problems with your order.
Our office will be closed from 5 pm AEST Thursday 22nd December and we will re-open on the Tuesday 3rd January 2017.
We wish all of our customers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.