AGAPANTHUS BLACK PANTHA (PBR)
Agapanthus Black Pantha (Agapanthus orientalis) has near black (very dark purple blue) flower buds that burst into large flower heads late November. They have a unique colour and form and add a touch of drama to your garden throughout the warmer months. Mature plants have multiple flower stems which make a great cut flower with an excellent vase life of 12 to 14 days.
Agapanthus Black Pantha is virtually sterile which makes it safe to plant close to natural vegetation and other sensitive areas. Drought resistant plant in full sun to light shade and protect from severe frosts when young. Black Pantha is ideal for mass planting borders and pots. Plants do not tolerate waterlogging so ensure a well drained soil.
Agapanthus plants are the perfect plant for a wide range of garden aspects, great for edging a driveway or fence line. They are hardy, low maintenance plants that are tolerant of drought and poor soil. Producing an abundance of bright purple, blue and white flowers, makes them a beloved addition to many gardens.
Supplied as a potted plant.
- Suitable for areas with full sun
- Suitable for areas with part shade
- Ideal in pots or containers
- Suitable to cut for vases
- Grows 1m wide
- Grows to 1.5m high
- Late Winter-Spring
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON! Available to order all year, unless sold out.
Buy 3 or more and get them for $9.90 per item
Buy 6 or more and get them for $9.00 per item
*Price adjustments will be reflected in the cart.
1764 in stock
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $9.90 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $9.90 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items”.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $14.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $22.00 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Weeping Roses, Magnolias and other Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Common Name: AGAPANTHUS
Also known as: African Lily, Lily of the Nile
Botanical Name: Agapanthus orientalis, Agapanthus albus, Agapanthus variegatus
Family Name: Liliaceae
Plant Type: Fleshy Rooted Perennial
Size Tall Varieties: 1.5m H x 50cm W Size Dwarf Varieties: 45cm H x 30cm W
Planting Width: 30-50cm apart Depth: Position the Crown at Soil Level
Flowering: Mid Spring to Early Summer.
Positioning: Full Sun, tolerates Part Shade but flowering will be compromised.
General Information: Evergreen plant that will grow almost anywhere, with very little effort and tolerates almost total neglect. Can take over and crowd out weaker plants. Tolerates extremes in temperatures of 40+ and -15 degrees C.
Soil: Well drained.
Watering:A drought tolerant plant. Water regularly when establishing, then only to supplement rainfall if required.
Fertilising: Not usually required, but can use a complete fertiliser in winter and spring.
Pruning: Clumps can be thinned and replanted immediately after flowering. Dislikes frost and humidity.
Pests: Generally resistant to pests and disease, however snails can be a problem. Bait as required.
✔Ideal for borders, beside fences and along driveways.
Tips: Remove flower heads after flowering to prevent seeding in unintended places.