Tulip Romance Wooden Tea Box Collection
Our hand picked Tulip Gift Boxes are supplied in a beautiful presentation box, making them the perfect gift for yourself or any gardener in your life.
Comprising of 12 hand selected Tulip Bulbs nestled gently in amongst the straw in an old style presentation box, our Tulip Romance Wooden Tea Box Collection adds a touch of ‘special’ to these beautiful bulbs.
The Tulip Romance Collection (Tulipa hybrida) consists of 12 hand selected Tulip Bulbs in beautifully frothy romantic colourings (labelled so you can create the delightful mix):
Foxtrot – Frothy double blooms in shades of the softest pink. 3 bulbs.
Double Price – Features large very double mauve flowers. 3 bulbs.
Carnival De Nice – Clean white petals with vibrant scarlet red markings. 3 bulbs.
White Heart – A beautiful Tulip that features large fully double crystal white blooms. 3 bulbs.
Double Tulips have long lasting blooms and they slowly unravel the layers of delicate petals into what can only be described as a profusion of colour. Also known as Peony Tulips the frothy riot of petals is sure to impress.
Tulips prefer a full sun to part shade position and are ideal for pots and containers. Plant the bulbs when the ground begins to cool in late April – May if required place the bulbs in the crisper in aerated plastic or paper bags (away from fruit) 4-6 weeks prior to planting. Flowers mid to late spring.
Take a look at our Guide To Growing Tulips
Supplied as dormant bulbs.
Orders containing this item will be dispatched from mid-late February.
- Frost tolerant once established
- Suitable for areas with full sun
- Suitable for areas with part shade
- Ideal in pots or containers
- Suitable to cut for vases
- Plant 12cm apart
- Grows to 20-40cm high
- Ideal Growing Regions:
- View growing regions on the Climate Map
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON! Available to order from mid-January to May, unless sold out.
Out of stock
Send me an email when this item is back in stock.
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $11.50 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $11.50 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items“.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $16.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $25.50 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Bagged Trees, Weeping Roses, Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may be delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
- We continue to maintain the simplest form of postage costs for the large variety of products we range, however in occasional circumstances of oversized orders and/or delivery location, the cost of freight can significantly impact delivery of an order therefore we reserve the right to refuse the order or contact the customer to discuss freight options and pricing.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas, StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back-ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Common Name: TULIPS
Family Name: Liliaceae
Botanical Name: Tulipa
Plant Type: Bulb
Size: 20-60cm H x 15cm W
Planting Width: 15cm Depth: 10cm
Planting Time: Autumn
Positioning: Full sun position, but can be grown in a position that receives at least half a day of full sun.
General Information: Suitable for temperate/dry and Mediterranean climates. Require winter chilling in warm climates.
Watering: Tulips like to be kept cool and moist but not too wet. After planting, water well, and once leaves appear they should be given a good watering every 7-10 days depending on how dry the weather is. During dry times of the year, be sure to water regularly, especially after the buds have appeared.
Fertilising: Prepare the soil with a complete organic fertiliser before planting and then use a liquid fertiliser once the buds have appeared and then again after the flowers have faded.
Soil: Well-drained soil, high in organic matter.
Lifting & Storage: Should be lifted each year. Dig after the foliage has turned yellow. Allow the bulbs to dry out, out of the sun, and then store them in a cool, dry and airy position.
Pests: Aphids can be controlled by regular rinsing and insecticide.
Tips: Plant in cool weather (late April or May), if required place bulbs in the crisper for 4-6 weeks before planting. Double, Darwin and Triumph Tulips flower earlier than Single Late and Parrot varieties, so to keep Tulips in bloom throughout the season plant a mixture of early and late flowering varieties. If using as cut flowers choose blooms that are not fully open, cut them early in the morning and change vase water frequently. They like some protection from the wind.
Establish which coloured region you live in and then consider the varieties listed as typically suited to that area. The Australian Climate Guide map is intended as a guide only as climatic conditions vary between specific locations. Factors such as local altitude, wind and the proximity of hills, mountains and bodies of water can cause variations from the generalised climate map. Note also that although a plant may be listed as suitable for a particular region, it may still require protection from extremes such as frost or strong winds. You should also consider its requirements for sun, shade and water.
Remember that you can often extend the range of plants that you can grow by creating micro-climates within your garden. Planting under trees, beside brick walls or in the shelter of a building, on high or low points in the garden can all have an effect. Even planting by a pond or surrounded by rocks can be used to advantage. Part of the joy of gardening can be experimenting and nothing is more pleasing that achieving success with a plant that is not usually seen in your area.
The map is based on Australian Bureau of Meteorology 30 year climatology data from 1961-1990. The zones are based on both temperature and humidity:
- Tropical – hot humid summer .
- Mild Tropical – warm humid summer
- Semi-arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Temperate – warm summer, cool winter
- Cool – mild-warm summer, cool winter