Dendrobium Orchid Australian Colourfest Nutbag X Stoney Point Yum Yum
Dendrobium Orchid Australian Colourfest ‘Nutbag’ x Stoney Point ‘Yum Yum’ (Dendrobium spp) features large flowers of pale lemon green with striking hot pink markings. These 80mm pots are quite advanced and may flower within the next season.
Dendrobium Orchids prefer low-medium humidity and a brightly light position, out of full sun. Suitable to be grown in a pot or hanging basket (in orchid potting mix). Drought tolerant and protect from frost as developing flower spikes can be damaged. (Please Note: Fully mature plant pictured)
Supplied as a potted plant.
- Suitable for areas with part shade
- Ideal in pots or containers
- Suitable to cut for vases
- Ideal for a hanging basket
- Grows 75cm wide
- Grows to 1.5m high
- Ideal Growing Regions:
- View growing regions on the Climate Map
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON! Available to order from mid-October to January, unless sold out.
Buy 3 or more and get them for $15.90 per item
*Price adjustments will be reflected in the cart.
29 in stock
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $11.50 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $11.50 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items“.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $16.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $25.50 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Bagged Trees, Weeping Roses, Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may be delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
- We continue to maintain the simplest form of postage costs for the large variety of products we range, however in occasional circumstances of oversized orders and/or delivery location, the cost of freight can significantly impact delivery of an order therefore we reserve the right to refuse the order or contact the customer to discuss freight options and pricing.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas, StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back-ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Common Name: ORCHIDS
Family Name: Orchidaceae
General Information: There are many varieties of orchids; the most popular varieties are Cymbidium, Dendrobium and Sarcochilus. Our Orchids take 2 – 3 years to flower.
Soil: Well drained. Must use an orchid mix potting mix, as orchids will not grow in normal garden soil or potting mix.
Watering: Regular watering during the growing period is beneficial. They like to be kept moist but not wet. A guide is to test the top 2cm of soil. If dry, water well. Watering once or twice a week in winter and daily in summer is a good guide. Fertilising: A weak solution of complete fertiliser is beneficial during the growing period to assist growth. Never fertilise the plant if it is dry. A guide for feeding is to use a slow release fertiliser in spring or liquid fertilise once a week in summer and monthly in winter.
Pruning: Divide the clumps after flowering every two to three years or when the pots are fully filled. They should be re potted at this time. Use a light cane or metal stake to support the flower spikes as they develop.
Dislikes: Dark Areas.
Pests: Snails and Slugs
✔ Ideal for Pots.
Tips: It often helps to consult a specialist or join an orchid society when
growing orchids, as some varieties can be difficult to grow.
Common Name: CYMBIDIUM ORCHIDS
Botanical Name: Cymbidium spp.
General Information: Cymbidiums are the most widely cultivated of all orchids. Grow easily in mild areas. Grow in Semi Shade. Prefer cool temperatures. Flower through autumn, winter and spring, depending on the variety. Cymbidiums are more susceptible to diseases than other varieties or orchids; these can be controlled with relevant pest control sprays if required.
Common Name: DENDROBIUM / DOCKRILLA ORCHIDS
Botanical Name: Dendrobium spp. Dockrilla spp Family Name: Orchidaceae
General Information: Dendrobium orchids are epiphytic (they grow on something else, such as a fence, pole or tree) and need a well drained mix of bark or charcoal, with added leaf mould to thrive. They come in a various sizes, flower
shapes and colours.
Common Name: VARIETY SARCOCHILUS ORCHIDS
Also known as: Orange Blossom Orchid
Botanical Name: Sarcochilus spp., S. hartmannii Family Name: Orchidaceae
Size: Up to 15cm H
General Information: Needs frost free conditions. Pot in a potting mix suitable for cymbidium orchids. Needs to be given plenty of water in spring and summer. These orchids are Epiphytic.
Establish which coloured region you live in and then consider the varieties listed as typically suited to that area. The Australian Climate Guide map is intended as a guide only as climatic conditions vary between specific locations. Factors such as local altitude, wind and the proximity of hills, mountains and bodies of water can cause variations from the generalised climate map. Note also that although a plant may be listed as suitable for a particular region, it may still require protection from extremes such as frost or strong winds. You should also consider its requirements for sun, shade and water.
Remember that you can often extend the range of plants that you can grow by creating micro-climates within your garden. Planting under trees, beside brick walls or in the shelter of a building, on high or low points in the garden can all have an effect. Even planting by a pond or surrounded by rocks can be used to advantage. Part of the joy of gardening can be experimenting and nothing is more pleasing that achieving success with a plant that is not usually seen in your area.
The map is based on Australian Bureau of Meteorology 30 year climatology data from 1961-1990. The zones are based on both temperature and humidity:
- Tropical – hot humid summer .
- Mild Tropical – warm humid summer
- Semi-arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Arid – hot dry summer, cold winter
- Temperate – warm summer, cool winter
- Cool – mild-warm summer, cool winter