ANEMONE DOUBLE RED & WHITE BLEND
Pack of 25
Anemone Poppy Red & White Blend (Anemone coronaria) is an eye catching combination of brilliant red and bright white flowers.
Anemone are a very low maintenance plant and are ideal for planting in any garden. Each bulb produces numerous flowers held above the lacy fern-like foliage, and will begin to flower from mid Winter continuing through to late Spring with a little bit of care and liquid fertilising throughout the flowering season. Excellent for using as cut flowers, lasting 7 to 10 days in the vase.
Anemones are ideal for mass displays as they are relatively cheap to purchase and very easy to plant and grow. Prefers a full sun position and tolerates frost well. For best results soak the tuber in tepid water for about 12 hours before planting as this will promote early sprouting. Plant with the pointed end down.
Supplied as dormant bulbs.
- Require little water once established
- Suitable for areas with full sun
- Suitable to cut for vases
- Plant 10cm apart
- Grows to 40-60cm high
- Winter -Spring
Availability: OUT OF STOCK/OUT OF SEASON! Available to order from mid-January to May, unless sold out.
Buy 2 or more and get them for $8.40 per item
Buy 5 or more and get them for $7.90 per item
*Price adjustments will be reflected in the cart.
39 in stock
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Delivery is normally via Australia Post with larger orders delivered via StarTrack Express* courier. We service virtually all areas of Australia with only those areas not serviced by these organisations being excluded (e.g. remote islands and Territories such as Christmas Island, Lord Howe Island, Norfolk Island, Cocos Islands, Groote Eylandt). We do not deliver outside Australia but happily deliver orders placed from overseas for Australian delivery. Our regular delivery charge for basic items is $9.90 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered. Due to their higher freight costs, bulky or heavy products such as roses, large pots and a small number of hard goods have higher delivery charges. The summary of all current delivery options is:
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $9.90 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items”.
- Orders containing bush Roses, 120mm up to 155mm pot/grow-bags, Composting Buckets, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $14.90 freight charge.
- Orders containing Trixie Fruit Trees, Dwarf Fruit Trees, Lilac Trees, Standard and/or Patio Roses, 160mm up to a 200mm pot/grow-bags, together with other products delivered at the same time will incur a $22.00 freight charge.
- Orders containing Bare-rooted Trees, Weeping Roses, Magnolias and other Larger items or pots/grow-bags greater than 200mm, together with other products delivered at the same time, will incur a $35.00 freight charge. Remote areas may incur an additional Freight charge but we will notify customers individually if this is the case.
- Orders containing products with explicitly stated delivery charges will incur charges as detailed in the individual product description.
- Some items may delayed due to climatic or growing habits prevent them from being harvested at the time of being offered for purchase. You will be offered a choice to wait until all items on your order are available or to receive what is currently available for an additional freight charge of $4.00.
Orders containing products from two different seasons (eg Rose or spring bulb pre-orders) that require separate deliveries will incur two delivery charges at the relevant rates (unless a free freight offer applies). A $4.00 Quarantine Inspection Surcharge applies in addition to the Delivery Charge for orders delivered to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to the increased complexity of quarantine requirements.
As quarantine inspections apply to each delivery, 2 quarantine charges will apply where orders contain products from different seasons. *Please note that if you order large items (eg Patio, Standard or Weeping Roses, Fruit Trees) you must specify a street address for the delivery address. StarTrack Express generally do not deliver to PO Boxes or RSD addresses so your order will be held until a suitable address is obtained. In rural areas StarTrack may deliver to physical addresses such as general stores that act as Australia Post agencies but we suggest you check with them first. Where ‘Free Delivery’ vouchers apply to an order, details of the voucher should be entered in the “Your message to us” field. Orders (except Pre-orders) are normally despatched within 7-14 working days from the time of ordering during busy periods. Delivery times may be extended during peak periods (typically following the release of the latest catalogue), extended public holidays, if extreme weather conditions are not suitable for live plant transport or as detailed in the product description.
Individual items may be back ordered to avoid delaying the delivery of other items. Please allow additional delivery time for orders to Tasmania, Northern Territory and Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Common Name: ANEMONE
Botanical Name: Anemone coronaria
Family Name: Ranunculaceae
Plant Type: Bulb Size: 30cm H x 10cm W
Planting Time: Autumn
Planting Width: 15cm Depth: 4cm
Flowering: Late Winter to Spring
Positioning: Full Sun
General Information: Anemones have wonderful rich and bright colours, and for picking as a cut flower they are hard to beat. They prefer to be massed in a sunny position. Suitable for Arid, Temperate and Mediterranean climates. Fully hardy – can handle all conditions.
Soil: Need well-drained soil.
Watering: Water well after planting, then weekly until leaves appear. Once up and growing, only water to supplement rainfall.
Fertilising: Light organic or chemical fertiliser at planting time. Liquid fertilise regularly once buds start to form.
Pests: Bait snails when buds appear. No other specific pest or disease problems are known.
Lifting & Storage: Best treated as annual or bi-annuals – new bulbs planted every 1 to 2 years.
Tips: To kick start the growing process, soak the bulbs in a bowl of water for about an hour before planting. Need protection from strong winds. Over watering will rot bulbs. Plant up to double the recommended depth in warm climates. Point of bulb faces down.