We are looking for an ‘all-rounder’ nursery hand person that is either completing their horticulture apprenticeship or is wanting to.
You must be someone who can work independently to make improvements to our current processes and grow our nursery side of the business.
Take this exciting opportunity to work next to the current nursery manager and learn from the best!
About the company
Van Berkel distributors has been family owned since the 1950’s and is a leader in the horticultural and distributing business. Our warehouse and nursery is located in Monbulk, Victoria along with a flower bulb farm in Healesville, Victoria. We are a large and exciting business with great product diversity.
We are looking to develop our team. We value hard working, reliable and driven individuals that will join our family owned business.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- General nursery duties i.e watering, spraying, moving stock, potting, weeding, propagating
- Communicating with the team re plants ready for sale, issues with plants or product failures
- Preparing products for dispatch
- Assist in other areas of the company
- Production line work
- Picking and packing
- Safe handling of products and equipment
- Manual handling and lifting
- Maintain OHS requirements and ensure safe working practices
- Quality assurance of product
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Previous nursery experience
- Ability to understand watering requirements
- Solid working knowledge of pests and diseases and plant nutrition
- Willingness to assist in other areas of the company
- Time management skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks
- Aspiration to progress and learn
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Safe manual handling, MUST BE FIT AND ACTIVE
- Current forklift license
- Tractor and motorbike experience
- Show initiative
* Public transport is not easily accessible in Monbulk therefore you must have your own transport.
* The current role is for 4 days per week on a casual contract which will be changed to a full time position for the right fit!
Apply for this Position
Please fill in your details below and upload your Resume.