Snowflakes have clusters of tiny white bell shaped flowers with a green spot on each petal. Prefers a shaded position (however will still grow in full sun) moist soils and is ideal for pots and containers. Late winter flowering.
Supplied as dormant bulbs.
Orders containing this item will be dispatched from mid February.
- Frost tolerant once established
- Suitable for areas with full sun
- Suitable for areas with part shade
- Ideal in pots or containers
- Suitable to cut for vases
- Plant 12cm apart
- Grows to 35cm high
At Garden Express you can make a purchase with confidence. Our living merchandise is normally guaranteed to grow if our free growing guide instructions are followed. Any guaranteed items that do not grow within 3 months (6 months for dormant items) will be replaced, credited to your account or fully refunded.
The exception to this guarantee is discounted, end of season stock which is sold on an ‘as is’ basis. Generally this stock is sound but should be planted as soon as possible and may not perform as well as normal in season products.
Our regular Delivery Charge is $9.50 Australia-wide, regardless of the number of items ordered.
Free freight for orders of basic items over $120.00
- Orders NOT containing Roses, 120mm and larger pots/grow-bags, Bare-rooted Trees, Composting Buckets, nor any items with individually specified delivery charges, all delivered at one time, will incur the normal $9.50 freight charge. These items are referred to as “Basic Items”, orders with only basic items totalling A$120.00 or more will receive free delivery. The free freight offer does not apply if non basic items are included with an order.
Please note: Some orders may not be possible to parts of Australia due to quarantine and some items may carry unique delivery charges. Check full delivery policy.
Common Name: SNOWFLAKES
Botanical Name: Leucojum aestivale
Family Name: Amaryllidaceae
Plant Type: Bulb
Size: 45cm H x 12cm W
Planting Time: Autumn
Planting Width: 15cm Depth: 10cm
Flowering: Late Winter to Spring
Positioning: Full sun or part shade
General Information: Snowflakes are suitable for tropical regions; however they do prefer the warm or cooler areas. Frost hardy.
Watering: Give the bulbs a really good watering after planting. When the leaves starts to surface give them regular watering, continue watering until the foliage begins to die off.
Fertilising: Fertilise in winter with decayed manure, blood and bone or compost.
Soil: Well drained.
Lifting & Storage: Bulbs can be left in the ground for a few years without being disturbed. If required they can be dug after the foliage has died down, if required. Store in a cool, airy position.
Tips: Will perform well in the shade.