JBP's 4 for $40

A forum dedicated to bonsai, the art of growing dwarfed, ornamentally shaped trees or shrubs in small shallow containers.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, taffyman, DrDuncs

JBP's 4 for $40

Postby alpinebonsart » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:08 am

This is my latest venture , 4 Japanese Black Pines for radical works .I have began Inarching {side grafting} the lower branches back down to the lower part of the main trunks and will do the same for the other whorls .
100_3959.jpg
I plan to produce about 12 new trunks from the originals .The Apexes were wrapped and strapped together to fuse into a magic advanced trainer .I used cable ties to hold the apexes together as i worked my way down adding branches in position as required .
100_3961.jpg
I removed the unwanted whorl branches leaving only 1 per apex as added .Then i added 3 tripple wires to the outer of the combined trunks using ties .
100_3967.jpg
With the trunk now firm i wrapped nylon sash cord firmly around starting at the base of the newly formed tree , worked my way up to the upper part and back down to the base .No uniform distance was used with the cord , erratic to resemble an aged trunk after the fusion takes place.With the trunk bound i removed the cable ties and wrapped the trunk with nylon webbing .I hope to remove the webbing in 12 months to allow any new shoot to emerge from the needles left on the trunks ,if necessary some Stainless Steel screws will be added to ensure complete closure on the fusion
alpinebonsart
Curator

Re: JBP's 4 for $40

Postby alpinebonsart » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:24 am

100_3973.jpg
100_3977.jpg
100_3981.jpg
Theres a first time for everything in my backyard ,creating and styling a tree of a scaffold .Cheers and happy Bonsai .Alpine
alpinebonsart
Curator

Re: JBP's 4 for $40

Postby DrDuncs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:13 am

Wow, that certainly looks like a big project. Good luck.
Caution: Learner Green Thumb - Plant Survival Not Guaranteed
DrDuncs
Curator

Return to Bonsai