More YAMADORI MONTEREYS

A forum dedicated to bonsai, the art of growing dwarfed, ornamentally shaped trees or shrubs in small shallow containers.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, taffyman, DrDuncs

More YAMADORI MONTEREYS

Postby alpinebonsart » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:09 am

I collected these during a working bee with a mate after collecting Trident Maple seeds off his tree .He said i would make a fortune selling the seed so could i give him a hand to eradicate some Noxious weeds .I thought Blackberries of Patersons curse , bugger me this was the weed he had in mind
100_3902.jpg
1 MINUTE TO LIFT OFF THE SHALE/ROCK
100_3903.jpg
30 SECOND TO LIFT OFF
100_3904.jpg
2 MINUTES TO DIG

All these tree were the result of Johns attempt to eradicate them by chopping the tops off .Little did he know you have to severe below the bottom branch or shoot or pines will regrow .We cleared well over 150 plus trees and i left 50 chop tops on purposed and offered to dig them for him next year if they sprouted ..One good turn deserves another . After 4 hours of hard labour i was doing cartwheels around the paddock after i collected the "Monster Chop "
alpinebonsart
Curator

Re: More YAMADORI MONTEREYS

Postby alpinebonsart » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:30 am

Monster Magic
100_3906.jpg
This was worth every minute of the hard work .It took 10 minutes to dig and only has 1 leader .Fiberous root mass was 450 x 350 round x 200 mm thick Magic specimen
100_3927.jpg
The trunk is 120 x 100 mm at ground level
100_3929.jpg
Fiberous roots a plenty 400 x 350 x 100mm thick, trimmed and potted
They ugly roots wereleft to ensure a better recovery as the had a large mass of feeders attached .Narebri below is spectacular for a Yammy
alpinebonsart
Curator

Postby abby » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:45 am

alpinebonsart wrote:I collected these during a working bee with a mate after collecting Trident Maple seeds off his tree .He said i would make a fortune selling the seed so could i give him a hand to eradicate some Noxious weeds

Looks to me you will make a fortune both ways :)
Image Abby
abby
Curator

Postby guzzigirl » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:09 am

your Monster Magic is a great bit of material to work with.
“Although you’ll find our house a mess, come in, sit down, converse…
It doesn’t always look like this! Sometimes it’s even worse!”
guzzigirl
Garden Wizard

Postby alpinebonsart » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:26 pm

abby wrote:
alpinebonsart wrote:I collected these during a working bee with a mate after collecting Trident Maple seeds off his tree .He said i would make a fortune selling the seed so could i give him a hand to eradicate some Noxious weeds

Looks to me you will make a fortune both ways :)

H i abby , The seeds were picked for freebies as a request from some like minded individuals .
alpinebonsart
Curator

Postby alpinebonsart » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:30 pm

guzzigirl wrote:your Monster Magic is a great bit of material to work with.

Hi Guzzigirl its going to be something one day , i hope i,m capable of the task . One would think i should be into smaller ones with all the Health issues but it not every day you get the opportunity to pluck a tree like this out of the ground and drop it into a pot .Cheers
alpinebonsart
Curator

Return to Bonsai