Malaleuca/tea tree

A forum dedicated to bonsai, the art of growing dwarfed, ornamentally shaped trees or shrubs in small shallow containers.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, taffyman, DrDuncs

Malaleuca/tea tree

Postby alpinebonsart » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:26 pm

This was a little pot of gold i found yesterday buried in silt from the fires .I
looked down to spot a green tinge on the track and after scraping the mud away a little tree appeared .It was cleaned , trimmed of the damaged twigs styled and potted .Almost and instant Yamadori Bonsai .
100_3900.jpg
100_3899.jpg
The trunks is 20mm thick and the tree is 70mm high ,not the smallest tree i have done but one of the best Yamadori in have collected .Cheers Alpine
alpinebonsart
Curator

Re: Malaleuca/tea tree

Postby taffyman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:41 pm

Absolutely magic Alpine. That's a brilliant find (Y) Regeneration from bush-fires is amazing. "From the ashes rose the Phoenix".
Taffy
Have fun, life is way too short for anything else
taffyman
Garden Wizard

Postby alpinebonsart » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:50 pm

taffyman wrote:Absolutely magic Alpine. That's a brilliant find (Y) Regeneration from bush-fires is amazing. "From the ashes rose the Phoenix".

Hi Taffyman yes its a good looking tree ,amazing how much wont regenerate over here, the fires were so intense it is as arid like as a desert in some of the hills .Time does heal all , hope i recover quicker .Cheers
Last edited by alpinebonsart on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alpinebonsart
Curator

Postby taffyman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:07 pm

That really is one helluva find. Such tenacity in so small a tree deserves to survive and thrive.
Taffy
Have fun, life is way too short for anything else
taffyman
Garden Wizard

Return to Bonsai